We made gingerbread playdough with molasses! Seasonal playdough is popular with my kids, and the gingerbread scent of this dough makes this one an all – time favorite!
Gingerbread Play Dough Recipe
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 3/4 cup Cornstarch (cornflour)
- 4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Water
- 2 tbl Vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 2 Tbl + 2 tsp Flour
Mix the cornstarch, baking soda, cinnamon, and allspice. Then add the water, oil, and molasses. Add 2 tablespoons of flour. Then keep adding flour 1/2 teaspoon at a time, mixing well after each addition, until your dough is no longer sticky.
Then play! I also set out the pretend sprinkles and chocolate chips from our sticky cookie craft. This is a fun one to pair with gingerbread cookie cutters, and play bakeshop. Or read Jan Brett’s Gingerbread Boy and do some storytelling. We combined the two and had a bake shop selling Gingerbread Baby and Gingerbread Boy cookies!
More Play Dough Fun!
- Edible Pumpkin Pie Play Dough from Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Fall Play Dough Fun from Craftulate
- Fine Motor Play Dough Activities from What Do We Do All Day?
- How to Make Crayon Play Dough from Sugar Aunts
- Beach Themed Microwave Play Dough from Teach Me Mommy
- Gingerbread Play Dough from FSPDT
- Fall Play Dough Mats from This Reading Mama
- No Cool Natural Cinnamon Play Dough from Natural Beach Living
- Play Dough Activities All Year Long from Little Bins for Little Hands