This is post was written as part of a partnership with Nokia, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Before our last long flight, I asked friends for suggestions for apps my kids would enjoy on the flight (so everyone else on the plane could enjoy their flight…). I wish I had known then about Nokia’s App Social. It is both an app store and a social network. So in addition to browsing apps, you can browse lists of apps to find the ones you need.
You can even make your own lists. After browsing App Social’s collection of lists and apps, I’m all set for our next flight with these puzzle games, on my App Social Puzzles and Building list. A few of my favorite apps on the list are:
- Building Blocks – an app that lets you build and redesign using 4 blocks and even allows for the impact of physics and hold angles
- PuzzleTouch – a jigsaw puzzle that lets your rotate and play the pieces
- Block Puzzle – rotate and shift different colored shapes to fill a square
- Dinosaur Jigsaw Puzzle – with this app kid
I’m also excited to bust out my New Year’s Eve list! My kids are too young to be trusted with my phone on their own, but there are lots of fun ways I’m planning to use my phone. A few choices from my App Social list are:
- New Year Countdown – I love that this even allows you to simulate the New Year’s countdown at any time. We do the New Year’s countdown early with the kids, so this will come in handy!
- New Year Sounds – noisemakers, bells, fireworks, drums, and more – all just with a tap of the screen.
- Confetti – confetti will stream over the phone, and react to how it’s touched – even using multiple fingers.
- Happy New Year in all languages – this will be fun to play with, as global variations to “Happy New Year!”
If you aren’t into lists, you can also check out App Social’s leaderboard, which highlights popular apps or the featured apps – this includes the App Social free app of the day!
What type of list will you be searching Nokia’s App Social to find?