School is back in session and we’re back with our Move & Learn series! Kids naturally learn so much through play and movement, and this series is a fun way to practice many learning concepts.
This week we’re all focusing on moving and learning the ABC’s. Because pumpkins are starting to grow around here, we decided to do Pumpkin Patch ABC’s.
- Orange paper plates (or paint white ones orange)
- Green paper for the stem
There are many ways to play:
- Jump to the letters, calling them out as you jump.
- “Pick” your pumpkin – call out the letter and grab the pumpkin!
- Pumpkin toss – say the letter and throw the paper plate pumpkin frisbee style
- Set them out in alphabetical order and hop the alphabet
- For kids practicing reading: jump to the letters to spell out words.
You could also use numbers or sight words instead of letters for this game!
Other Ways to Move & Learn The ABC’s:
- Make Alphabet Soup from Coffee Cups & Crayons
- S is for Spider Web Activity from Hands On: As We Grow
- Alphabet Apple Stomp from Toddler Approved
- Our Move & Learn Pinterest Board
Want more toddler play ideas? Check out our e-book Zero to Two: the book of play! It includes 25 step-by-step tutorials for activities that are practical and fun. The tutorials are easy to follow with beautiful pictures. The e-book also includes printables, and links to over 50 more ways to play with babies and toddlers – all for $8.99.