Making crafts that fly is a way to get two activities for the price of one! These crafts are fun for the kids to create… and then a whole lot of fun to play with!
Many of these crafts are ones that have aspects that both my 2 year old and my 6 year old can do, and I love finding one activity that works well for both of my little guys! And that they are fun hands on ways to learn science!
The list below is a list of awesome crafts that fly – both ones I’ve tried or ones that I picked because I want to try them soon!
- Flying Egg Carton craft from How Wee Learn
- Exploding Chalk Rockets from Growing a Jeweled Rose
- Mini Copters from Egg Cartons from The Craft Train
- Toy Paper Helicopters from Babble Dabble Do
- Straw Rockets from The Pleasantest Thing
- Make Straw Airplanes from Toddler Approved
- How to Make a Paper Airplane from TinkerLab
- Rocket Balloon from North East Ohio Family Fun
- Plastic Bag Parachute using a Lego brick! from Seven Thirty Three
- Make a Paper Airplane Test Lab from Frugal Fun for Boys
- Simple Plastic Bag Parachute from Mama Smiles
- Printable Paper Airplane from Spoonful
- Rubber Band Helicopter from eHow
- Minifigure Parachute from Zakka Life
- Balloon Rocket That Blasts Off from Club House Jr.
Get the 3-5 Playful Preschool Book!
Looking for more activities for your preschooler? Check out our ebook, Playful Preschool! It includes 25 step-by-step tutorials with pictures, 10 printables, AND links to over 50 more ways to play – all for $8.99.