I came up with this cookie cutter activity as a way to entertain my toddler while I got dinner ready. It takes very little time to set up, and it’s easy to vary either the colors or the shapes, so that the activity stays exciting for my little guy!
(Affiliate links included)
- differently shaped cookie cutters
- different colors of paint
- paper roll
- Painter’s tape
Place a large strip of paper on the floor, held down with painter’s tape (this comes off our floor easily, but you might want to test first). Then grab a few cookie cutters, and some paint. Dip the cookie cutters into paint, and place stamps all over the paper.
You can vary how you do it – all different colors, or use the same colors for the same shape. I like to only do a few shapes or colors at a time – otherwise it can be a bit overwhelming.
My toddler also likes helping to set up the activity – stamping the cookie cutters into the paint is a lot of fun!
Other Ways to Move & Learn This Week
- Word Basketball Activity from Coffee Cups & Crayons
- Bunny Movement Game With Colors from Toddler Approved
- Giant Connect The Colors Activity from Hands On: As We Grow
- Lots of ideas on our Move & Learn Pinterest board
- Check out all the Move & Learn ideas we’ve shared
There are lots more toddler and baby play ideas, in Zero to Two: the book of play, an e-book I co-authored! It includes 25 step-by-step tutorials for activities that are practical and fun. The tutorials are easy to follow with beautiful pictures. The e-book also includes printables, and links to over 50 more ways to play with babies and toddlers - all for $8.99.