We’re finding ways to make learning new words fun, and one of my kindergartner’s favorite activities is the sight word rescue game.
Playing The Sight Word Game
I wrote out about 10 different words on an index card. Because we were playing a rescue I used people and animal words. Then I taped them all over our climbing dome (here’s an affiliate link for our dome climber if you want to check it out). You could also do this at a playground or in trees, or inside if you have furniture you don’t mind your kids climbing all over.
Then he climbed around “rescuing” the words. We did this two ways: I would call out the word, and he would search for it and rescue it, or he would go rescue the words, and call them out as he found them.
Move & Learn This Week
- Light Saber Sight Words from Coffee Cups & Crayons
- Addition Crawling Game from Toddler Approved
- from Hands On: As We Grow
- Our Move & Learn activities
- Lots of move and learn ideas on our Pinterest board