Leaf piles are fun to play in, on, and under, so what better than a leaf pile to practice spatial relationships!
We made leaf piles throughout the yard, and then got moving. We demonstrated jumping over the leaf pile, to the left and right of the leaf pile, crawling under the leaf pile, standing next to the leaf pile, but I have to say, the favorite was getting IN the leaf pile!
We played it both with me calling out the directions, and with the kids leading. We also did it with our bodies or with a ball.
Other Ways to Move & Learn this week:
- Flying Ghost Name Game from Toddler Approved
- Sight Word Ghost Zappers from Coffee Cups & Crayons
- Spider Web Sight Words from Hands On: As We Grow
- Check out all our Move & Learn activities
- Lots of ideas on our Pinterest board!